A Zoom webinar on funding opportunities was organized to share information and facilitate collaborations between academics and other actors in Finland and in Africa.
The organizers are four networks, initially formed by Finnish higher education institutions, supported by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland. These thematic networks aim at facilitating joint research, education and innovation collaboration between Finnish higher education institutions and African partners. They are seeking mutual and long-term partnerships and aim at creating sustainable impact.
During the webinar, our funding specialists answered questions from the participants in writing in the Q & A box, and some questions also orally, after each presentation.
- What is special with Africa & EU’s Africa strategy – Johanna Toivonen de Gonzales, UTU
- Horizon Europe & Erasmus+ – Ville Myllynpää, UTU
- Finding and approaching international foundations – Sanna Villikka and Alec Thurnham, University of Helsinki
- Case of successful funding – Michael Wilson, UTU
- Where to look for funding; international organizations & databases – Anna Björnberg-Michelsson, Aalto University